Monday 4 April 2016

Build II

Previous - Next

I cut some squares a while ago. I'll start putting them together today. The plan is to make the two forms of the piece I am aware of:

These are all the images I could find on the interweb this morning. The previous build blog quoted the dimensions specified in the catalogue of 60s sculptures and notes that there is no mention of the central pillar. From the photographs:

  • the width is about half that of the base 
  • the height protruding from the base is slightly less than the width of the base;
  • the depth is tricky to judge, but about a quarter of the base, i.e. about half the width of the upright.
In an arbitrary decision before starting today, as in the original, I am only going to use offcuts that are to hand for the project and so I'll cut whatever I find to approximate those.

No comments:

Post a Comment